Wedding Budget Spending Trends 2019
When planning your wedding, one of the most challenging aspects for many couples to understand is the wedding budget breakdown. Knowing just how much to spend on what and when is important to ensure that you stay within your budget. While every wedding is different and every couple has very different wants, needs and budgets, there is a general rule of thumb when it comes to wedding budget spending. If you follow that rule and allocate the proper amount of funds for each aspect of your wedding, you should be well within your wedding budget.
Let’s Take A Look At Just How Much You Should Spend On Various Aspects Of Your Wedding
- Venue, Catering, Cake, And Rentals: 50% Of Total Wedding Budget
- Photography And Videography: 12% Of Total Wedding Budget
- Wedding Attire, Hair, And Beauty: 9% Of Total Wedding Budget
- Flowers, Lighting, And Décor: 8% Of Total Wedding Budget
- Reception Music: 7% Of Total Wedding Budget
- Invitations And Stationery: 3% Of Total Wedding Budget
- Officiant And Ceremony Music: 2% Of Total Wedding Budget
- Transportation: 2% Of Total Wedding Budget
- Wedding Rings: 2% Of Total Wedding Budget
- Favors And Gifts: 2% Of Total Wedding Budget
1- All Percentages and figures provided by Bridebook.co.uk.
Now We Will Look At Some Of The Wedding Budget Spending Trends For 2019
Let’s take a look at the average breakdown for a wedding in the UK in 2019:
- Venue – £6,539
- Food And Drink – £5,187
- Marquee Hire – £5,007
- Bridalwear And Accessories – £1,621
- Photography – £1,264
- Videography – £1,140
- Music And Entertainment – £1,078
- Rings – £1,071
- Flowers – £866
- Groomswear – £723
- Hair And Makeup – £395
- Transportation – £491
- Wedding Cake – £331
- Stationery – £263
- Honeymoon – £4,875
- Celebrant – £473
- Wedding Favours – £150
- Wedding Insurance – £88
2- All Percentages and figures provided by Bridebook.co.uk.
Spend More On What’s Important To You
As you can see, many of these figures are in line with our wedding budget rule of thumb percentages with couples today spending less on the rings and more on the honeymoon than in previous years. And while these trends might change from time to time as couples place more significance on different aspects of their weddings, by keeping the percentages as close as possible, you can still stay within your budget.
Contact BluJon Events
To learn more about wedding budget spending trends, contact BluJon Events and let a professional team of event organisers plan your wedding or reception today!
If you enjoyed this article, please feel free to share it on your favourite social media sites.